To All the Boys: Always and Forever officially arrives on Netflix today, and *of course* I had to bake a signature Lara Jean recipe to celebrate! I can’t host an in-person viewing party this year, but I plan on dropping these off to my friends so that we can all eat and enjoy them as we have a virtual viewing over Netflix Party.
In the movie, Lara Jean is stumped on what kind of wedding cake to make for her dad and Mrs. Rothschild, pensive baking late into the night to get the recipe right. In the end, she decides to make Cake Batter Cookies, a sweet tribute to her cookie obsession.
- 1 box white cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus more for decoration.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth. You can do this by hand or on the lowest setting on your stand mixer.
- Once combined, let the dough chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. This will help your cookies keep their shape.
- Scoop out cake batter by heaping tablespoon and arrange 1-inch apart on baking sheet.
- Top with additional sprinkles/
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges, 10-11 minutes.
Authors note: cookies best enjoyed while viewing To All the Boys: Always and Forever.