I love the sous vide egg bites at Starbucks, but I simply *cannot* bring myself to pay for them when I know I could make a dozen at home for the same price. This very thought was what inspired me to try making my own at home, and these have officially become my hectic morning lifesaver. I make a big batch over the weekend, and they last me through the week. I love that I can adjust this recipe to whatever I’m craving – from spice to pesto to extra veggies, these egg bites are so versatile that you can dress them up however you like. Mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers, sundried tomatoes, basil and ham or bacon would all be super delicious additions too.
- Nonstick spray
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, diced
Pesto & Feta Egg Bites
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
Jalapeno Havarti Egg Bites
- 1/4 cup hot sauce of your choosing (use less if it’s an extra spicy one! I love to use Mado’s Hot Pepper Sauce in mine, which is quite mild)
- 1 cup jalapeno havarti cheese, grated
Note: Pick one version for this recipe; if you wish to do both versions in one batch, cut the ingredients specific to that version in half .
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 12-muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and pesto or hot sauce (optional).
- Meanwhile, sauté your veggies for 3-4 minutes, or until they’re just slightly cooked through.
- Divide veggies between muffin tins, then fill the rest of the way full with egg mixture and top with feta or havarti (or cheese of your choice).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until eggs are set.