I came up with this recipe after brainstorming what to bring to my office potluck. Usually I *love* a good sausage roll, but I wanted to make sure the vegetarians in my office could enjoy my contribution too. After generously sprinkling Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel on my avocado toast one morning, it came to me: what if I turned an everything bagel with cream cheese into a fluffy, delicate, bite-sized appetizer?
This recipe only uses four ingredients and takes under half an hour to make, so even during the hustle and bustle of the holidays it’s easy to throw together. Plus, it’s a total crowd pleaser. What more could you want?
HOT TIP: Post-holiday party, these are also *delicious* for breakfast dipped into a jammy soft-boiled egg.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 brick Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (alternatively, you could make your own by combining dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and flaked sea salt)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a clean, floured surface, cut each puff pastry into three even strips (about 10 x 3 inches each). You will have six strips total.
- Cut cream cheese brick into 12 even strips.
- Place two cream cheese strips end-to-end inside each pastry strip, spreading cream cheese inside pastry so that it reaches each end. Fold long sides over to cover filling and slightly overlap. Arrange rolls seam side down and brush with egg wash. Repeat for remaining 5 pastry strips.
- Evenly sprinkle Everything But the Bagel Seasoning on each puff pastry roll. With a sharp knife, cut each puff pastry roll into bite-sized pieces (about 1 inch long).
- Arrange puff pastries, seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden.